Our first adventure day delivered but firstly I need to get the more important business out the way. It seems that my 3 riding buddies are a bit nervous about the blog. Apparently there is a bit of nerves about what idiotic behaviour will gain then fame with my 5 readers, to the point that they have taken to huddling in the corner trying not to do the bad thing. Pointless of course, the smallest blemish in thier behaviour will be noticed and placed before all to take pleasure in. There is no mercy.
Today I decided to put them out of their misery and hog the dumb idiot place for myself.
So there was a little chaos as we were leaving this morning, mostly due to the fact that we were trying to get our Sena helmet comms to talk to each other. As an aside, but importantly, never ever ever buy a Sena. It sucks so badly that it will shorten your life.
So slightly distracted by all this, and somewhat surprised when they actuall








y spoke to each other, we hopped on our bikes and headed off. Something didn’t feel right, partly because I couldn’t see and partly because I I felt too light and breezy. Turns out I had forgotten to put my contact lenses in (again) and left my camelback in the driveway at the motel. Hmm. The shame is real. So I rushed back with the “that better be in the blog” ringing in my ears. Of course the Sena’s disconnected when I went back, never to speak again.
Once we did get going we have had the most amazing day of riding. We crossed over the Wither hills via Taylor pass which was lovely in the morning light. Then down the Awatere Valley with the mountains growing steadily larger as we headed south.
Quick cup of tea with Bernie’s sister Hayley and Jeremy and then we headed up into the mountains. Within 30 seconds the long haul on the dirt bike was justified. Just the most fun riding. Spent the day riding a pretty rugged route with huge hill climbs and descents. It is not a place to ride off the track as it’s a long way to the bottom. I have to credit the 2 men on big bikes, I don’t think too many could have done what they did. For me, I thought it was a big day riding my little bike. I hope the photos do justice to an amazing place. We were very privileged to be here.
Awesome looking country!
ReplyDelete